Category page layout
Freyja Theme gives you the option to customize your Category Pages, i.e. those pages that group together all posts belonging to a specific category. Our customizing tools let you decide how to display your posts and allow you add a cover image for the page.
CATEGORY PAGE POSTS LAYOUT
- On your WP Dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Customize
- Once you have opened the Customize Panel, click on General Settings.
- Select one of the 5 Categories/Archive layout options: Classic Post, Grid Post, First Full Post + Grid, List Post, First Full Post + List.
- You can choose whether to include a sidebar by checking/unchecking Disable Categories/Archive Sidebar.
- Save changes.
ADD A COVER IMAGE TO THE CATEGORY PAGE
- On your WP Dashboard go to Posts -> Categories.
- Create a new category, adding a name and a slug, or simply click on a previously created category.
- In either case, you should then see the Category Image option, which lets you upload a cover image to visualize on the page.
- If you have created a new category, click on “Add new category”. If you have modified a pre-existing category, click on “Update”.