CREATE A CUSTOM SIDEBAR
One of the features of our Theme is the possibility to add a new or additional custom sidebar, which you will be able to add on different Pages and Posts according to your preference, with no need for external third-party plugins.
Let us see how you can create a new sidebar, add content, and link it to a page or post:
- On your WP Dashboard, select “Sidebar”.
- Give a name to your new Sidebar.
- Just click on “Add new”.
DISPLAY CONTENT WITHIN THE SIDEBAR
Now that you have created a new sidebar, let’s see how you can add content to it by using Widgets.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- On the right side of the screen, next to the existing sidebars, you should see the new sidebar you have just created.
- Now drag & drop all the Widgets you want to add.
- Click “Save” on each widget to save changes.
ADD THE NEW SIDEBAR TO A PAGE OR POST
Once you have finished writing the content for your new sidebar, you can add it to a page or post of your choice:
- Open an existing Page or Post, or create a new one.
- Once you are in the Edit Page/Post area, you should see the “Sidebar Options” option on the right-hand column.
- Click on the drop-down menu to select the sidebar you previously created.
- Click on “Update” to save changes.
IMPORTANT: Naturally, to ensure that your sidebar displays correctly on the page, you must use a template layout that lets you add a sidebar.