How to install freyja theme
INSTALL THEME VIA WORDPRESS
This is the most common way to install a Theme directly from your WP Dashboard. Just follow these simple steps and everything will be fine:
- After you successfully purchased Freyja Theme, you will be able to download the theme zipped folder.
- Unzip this first folder.
- Within the unzipped theme package, you will find a number of folders such as Demo Import Files, Guides, etc. And also a zipped file called “freyja-v100.zip”(Where number 100 is the current version number, so by the time your reading this the number could be higher due to a more recent version). This file is the main theme.Important: DO NOT unzip this folder! This folder should remain zipped.
- Within your WordPress Dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the “Add New” button at the top-left of the page > Click the “Upload Theme”button at the top.
- Click “Choose File” > find your zipped “freyja-v100.zip” file > Click the“Install Now”button.
- Once the theme is successfully installed on your WordPress, you can “Activate” it via the installation page or via Appearance > Themes to switch over and begin using your Freyja Theme!
IMPORTANT: If you try installing the entire zipped theme package or another incorrect file, you’ll probably receive an error message like this:
“The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. Theme install failed.”
If this is your case, please be sure that you’re installing the ZIPPED file titled “freyja-v100.zip”and NOT the whole theme zipped folder.
More info on this article from the Common Mistakes section of this documentation
INSTALL THEME VIA FTP
It is possible to use an alternative way to install Journey Theme on your WordPress. This method could be helpful also in case you temporarily can’t access to your WP Dashboard.
Just follow the steps below:
- Download and install a common FTP Client software (like FileZilla or Cyberduck)
- Open the selected software and log in with the FTP access keys provided by your Hosting. (If you don’t know ho to get this read this article from FAQ section)
- Unzip the theme “freyja.zip” file and drag and drop the unzipped folder inside “wp-content > themes”
- Activate the theme from WP Control Panel by going to Appearance > Themes and activate it.